- No comments
I usually come across this kind of question from many vendors who are trying to digitally transform their business and trying to take their first step or changing their digital strategy (Because some of them have already been there but they have outdated contents in terms of their digital presence). The world is becoming more and more digital, computerized, mobilized and gadget-friendly, everybody wants to take advantage of this digitally transformed world and revolutionize their business.
So what would be the right solution for your business? Is it a website? Or a mobile app?
Wait wait wait, do you want a solution or just an informative digital presence?
Solutions solves and automate your business processes by involving web based interface or mobile interface to manage your business related activities. It can be an internal system or customer facing solution. For instance your retail business may need a web based solution to manage the inventory, a web based solution to manage orders and purchases, a customer facing mobile solution that allows the customers to place orders remotely on your shop. In this case a web based interface for the staff sitting in your business premises would be a good approach. If your staff moves around frequently in the field and their job is more related to field, a mobile application would be better choice to keep connected and updated the entire system. Also if your business is consumer oriented, having a web based platform as well as mobile app both would be beneficial.
On the other hand informative digital presence is not a solution, this can be considered as the marketing technique, having a presence and showcase your business on the global space, so that more and more users interacts and know about your business and processes, that may or may not get convert into real potential customers. This needs many other additional provisions to reach to more potential users by doing SEO or more and more digital marketing. A website would be a good start in this case. Do not think about mobile app unless you have fully stabilized and made your website live and generating enough traffic. Mobile app would be good later, but not a necessary component in this case. A mobile responsive website would do the trick.
let’s see what business do you have, that might need solutions (Mobile or web based)
- Retail business
- Courier delivery
- Logistics business
- Pharmacy business
- Logistics business
- Pharmacy business
- Clinics or hospitals
- Hotels or restaurant, hospitality businesses
- Finance, banking and insurance
- Health and fitness devices and gadgets
- Multimedia, streaming, entertainment, social networking
- Government or federal departments
- Taxi and transports
- Real Estate to allow buying selling or property
Now Let’s see what business do you have, for which a responsive website will be sufficient:
- Just an educational website for providing information to the users
- A company or organizational website
- A website to promote your products or services
- A website to promote your apps and solutions
- Website to showcase business related information
- Website of a gym or fitness center, just to showcase what facilities they have
- Website to give an insight in your manufacturing business
- Website to showcase your fashion brand
- Website to showcase a pub’s party events
- A social networking website to connect different people in a network
- A website related to NGOs, Charity and donations.
- Website of a government body to showcase their work and visions.
- A website to give information about your real estate business
These are some recommendation as per my experience from the analysis of different requirements from the business owners and responses when we launch a website or mobile app for them.
Canopus Infosystems Pvt. Ltd.
Author is a technology enthusiastic, strategic consultant and a solution architect, who works with various businesses to identify their operating issues and providing them easily adaptable solutions to revolutionize their business.
204 views · Written Aug 30